Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taking the Red Pill

I've been on an interesting journey for the last three years.

I have a burden in my heart to break from my flesh...to give it all over and serve God 100%, to quit going 1/2 way (if I've even been going that far)...at least that's what I've been going through. Been praying...asking God where he wants me to serve him. Telling him I'm tired of working for a faceless juggernaut that only wants to make more money.

I've been at this job as a professional IT Geek for ten years with this company...I get called to the main conference room this afternoon...they laid me off.

Nice, cozy, comfy job and a nice fat paycheck to zero in 5 seconds flat.

The cool part is how God lead me to respond...I'll post more later on that.

I feel a sense of relief, almost like a black cloud has been blown away.

Is this where the mental ascent gives way to a genuine burden of the heart? I'm pretty sure that I really want to serve God 100%...to go "all the way"...to trust Him all the way.

So this new adventure begins.

No comments: